Teaching what A.I. is in classrooms | The New York Times (3/27/23)

“Welcome to On Tech: A.I., a pop-up newsletter that will teach you about artificial intelligence, especially the new breed of chatbots like ChatGPT — all in only five days. We’ll tackle some of the big themes and questions around A.I. By the end of the week, you’ll know enough to command the room at a dinner party, or impress your co-workers.”

Image Credit: Phonlamai Photo at Shutterstock.com

This article is a unique one! Rather than focusing on the content of this article, I am more intrigued by how this article creates accessible content for anyone to understand what AI is. This article includes a glossary defining terms such as “neural network” and “large language model,” as well as a simple quiz that summarizes the entirety of its content. An “assignment” is also given to readers for a chance to do some on-your-own exploration: visiting the Bing, Bard, and ChatGPT examples of chatbots.

If you are interested in following these articles, this is the first piece out of a weeklong series. Or, feel free to recommend this article to a friend or a family member who might be confused about the current A.I. hype going on!

3 Likes